Posted by: superlewd 9 March 2015
Lewdgamer.com Ethical Policy
Lewdgamer.com and its staff strive to provide the user with the highest quality research, news, articles and information that we can obtain. Our reviews, opinions and editorials remit cover diverse subjects related to gaming, from news about the development and broader industry, to reviews of many different games on many different platforms.
1) Freedom of speech
Lewdgamer.com and its team will uphold the right to free speech of the; user, artist, company and critic.
Lewdgamer.com will refrain from censoring comment and content unless it violates one or more of the following criteria:
• Games or other media that feature characters that are considered minors participating in sexual acts or are presented in a sexual context.
• Comments hosted on the website that post private information or are used to gather public information for the use of harassment.
• Comments hosted on the website that make direct personal threats of violence or harm to staff and or other users.
• Contains information that could be used to commit a crime.
• Violates the DMCA (http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf) upon notification of breach.
2) Fairness and integrity
Lewdgamer.com and its staff will strive to present news, reviews and other information that is factually accurate honestly and fairly to the best of our ability, at all times. Any information that is found to be or suspected to be inaccurate or misleading will be investigated and edited to rectify the issue, should any such inconsistencies be found. Any changes to information due to inaccuracy will be noted in the relevant article, review, op-ed or news piece.
Lewdgamer.com will take whatever steps possible or necessary to differentiate between reviews, news, factual and opinion pieces known, so as to provide the user with instant and readily identifiable differentiations between fact and opinion.
The staff will strive to gather information and material by honest, straightforward and open means, with the exception of investigations that are both overwhelmingly in the public interest and which involve evidence and information that cannot be obtained by straightforward means.
At lewdgamer.com we will resist threats or any other inducements to influence, distort or suppress information and takes no unfair or ethically questionable personal or professional advantage of information gained in the course of our duties before the information is public knowledge.
Lewdgamer.com will not publish material that is likely to lead to hatred or discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age, gender, race, colour, religion, creed, legal status, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Material including reviews, news and opinion pieces will not be denied based on a person’s sexuality, age, gender, race, colour, creed, disability etc.
Any on staff writers, editors or individuals participating in content production or research efforts for Lewdgamer.com must and will disclose any personal involvement to subjects or materials covered while writing about their subject. The following will be considered circumstances that Lewdgamer.com considers the public interest pertaining to disclosure:
• Sexual, romantic, familial or casual (friend) relationships with a creator, writer or other person’s involved in a project or piece of material under review on the site.
• Any financial ties to a person or organisation that is involved with the game or any other media under review by that person.
• Items such as “swag” or other gifts, services or material incentives that may be seen to compromise the legitimacy of the review or article that a staff member may receive.
• Games or any other review material that is donated to the site that is used as material or research for a review and its source.
• Any paid advertisement that is not obvious direct or indirect advertising on the website or any other material produced by Lewdgamer.com
Lewdgamer.com will not take, ask or in any way receive financial compensation for review scores or positive press whether it be in the form of advertising, perks, merchandise or monetary donations.
Any questions, concerns or challenges brought to LewdGamer and/or any of it’s staff or participating parties made by readers, reviewers, critics, the general public or individuals or organizations within or external from the gaming, game production, game review or game development industries or sectors, that are raised with LewdGamer or any of the other aforementioned parties shall be addressed by senior editors or staff in a timely manner so as to provide a reasonably quick and amicable re-mediation of said issues or questions.