Known for their library of pornographic movies, Studio FOW is crowdfunding their shmup/turn-based strategy game project, Subverse.
Studio FOW is primarily known as the producers of the hyperactive porn parody, with a total of sixteen movies released in the last four years. Riding on their success so far, they have set their sights on video game development under the name FOW Interactive. They have titled their first project Subverse.
The idea for Subverse is to create a sci-fi comedy where you will play as a captain of revolutionaries aboard a space vessel, exploring the galaxy and trying to fight off a highly anti-pornographic space government. The game will be divided into two main sections: shmup space battles, and turn-based strategy on-foot combat, akin to that of X-COM. The story will progress through highly animated visual-novel like dialogue screens.
The player will be able to take on main and side missions, level up their girls, gather loot and collect genetic material to biologically engineer creatures that will aid the main cast of girls in battle. Every girl that can join your crew can also join you in bed, and as your team expands, your spaceship's facilities will improve and become more lively.
Below you can find the announcement trailer, a planned list of features, and sample screenshots:
- No Pay2Win, no Gacha, no Lootboxes and no daily logins. Get rewarded for winning, not for losing. Spend your XP and loot to unlock filthier sex scenes.
- Nine unique waifus to join your crew, all fully animated and voice acted by the sultriest VA’s in the biz.
- Powered by the latest Unreal Engine 4 tech, this is Studio FOW like you've never seen them before! Beautifully rendered babes and the trademark cinematic quality has been given the next-gen treatment.
- Unlock fully animated sex scenes as rewards. Enjoy a diverse range of fetishes catering to every perverted whim.
- Cinematic slides and fully animated models drive the story forward.
- Customize your waifus appearance by equipping impractically sexy skins.
- Fight in space SHMUP and JRPG-inspired ground combat missions.
- Upgrade and progression system where you can improve your ship and waifu's combat abilities.
- Breed an army of bio-engineered aliens to fight alongside your waifus...and keep them company.
- Enjoy an absurdist comedic singleplayer storyline alongside a free-roam mode where you can explore at your own pace.
- Full 3D environments and backgrounds. No 2D backdrops.
- A pulsating 25+ track OST with chillstep, trap and synthwave tunes.
To finance production on Subverse, FOW Interactive has created a Kickstarter campaign, where more info about the title can be found. Their Kickstarter's base goal is $132,109 and will last until May 2nd. Pledging £10 (about $13.22) will get you an early access digital copy. Higher tiers provide an assortment of digital goods and opportunities to leave your mark on the game. FOW Interactive has chosen against providing physical goods, so as to allocate more of the donations towards development.
Keep an eye out for more promising fundraisers by following us on Twitter.
If you'd like to support LewdGamer directly, consider donating to our Patreon.