It’s been over a year since we last looked at Ruffleneck’s Hunt and Snare. Today we are looking at March’s release of version r4.19 to see what additions and improvements lie within.
Hunt and Snare has seen many updates and revisions since our previous look. First and foremost, the character models have seen a huge redesign since we last checked in. There has also been the addition of M/M, F/F, and Futa/M/F animations. Many of the additions would only be noticeable if you’ve been keeping up on your own, but below is a list of additions to the current build.
- NEW Conversation System - Tag based system mixed with character based opinion and global renown values.
- NEW NPC - Pail, the Dock Clerk.
- NEW Island - Bigger, better, eventually more filled with content too.
- NEW Lighting System with Day / Night.
- NEW Water System with dynamic waves.
- NEW Ability: Swimming.
- NEW Ability: Sleeping (currently you can only pass time at the bed on the starting pier, more bed related functions will be added later on).
- NEW Prey AI and Noise system: They will now hear you, they will hear you sneaking a lot worse than they’ll hear you run, they’ll hear walking on gravel a lot further than walking on soft grass, they will hear your gun, hear each other, see you, and are a lot more likely to flee from you.
- NEW Vegetation System: GPU instanced, grass touch reaction, grass / plants “evade” actors messing around on grass.
- First secret added to new island.
- Updated map of the island (hold M).
- Improved performance of fur color baking.
- Improved FOV camera position and near clip (won’t see through things that easily).
- Changed capture to set player in crouched mode after capturing.
- Fixed not being able to shoot prey up close.
- Fixed not being able to properly interact with tranquilized prey.
- Fixed act previews sometimes not showing actors in right positions.
Hunt and Snare is divided into two sections. The first part is just a gallery of sorts. Here, the player can create two custom furry beings and have them participate in various sex acts for their viewing pleasure. There are quite a few sex animations to choose from, as well as a plethora of color and fur customization options.
The other section is the main game. After customizing your character’s look and gender to their liking, players must then embark on a search for their desired sexual partner. After tranquilizing and putting a collar on them, the player can search for various predetermined places on the map to perform specific sexual acts.
You can play Hunt and Snare for free by downloading the latest build from itch.io. It’s compatible with Mac, Linux, and Windows platforms. If you’d like to support Ruffleneck, and get access to the latest builds before they go public on itch.io, you can head over to Patreon to do so.
If you love out content and want to help us keep making more, check out our Patreon page and consider tossing a dollar our way.