Hello, everyone! Been awhile since you heard from me, eh? Well lewdites, there are some good reasons for this, I promise.
Note: Scroll down for the TL;DR.
As you can see from the title, it’s indeed true: I’m coming closer and closer now to reveal day of the project that I have been building behind closed doors. Now, I’m both excited and scared at the same time, considering how potentially life-changing this whole ordeal can be. Right now, however, there is something far more important which needs to be addressed.
For some of you, me making games isn’t exactly any real news to you. A while ago, when the LG team and I used to periodically stream, we had always talked to our fans directly about our difficulties and what we wanted to accomplish in the future. That would have had continued, but unfortunate circumstances prevented me from keeping it going (although I hope to address this in the future, depending on how things go).
LewdGamer (or even the LewdMedia brand as a whole) has had the goal to help usher in an era of better adult games, motivate developers to improve and actually FINISHtheir products (this is the fucking big one). LG will be two years old in four days from this post. We have tried our best to maintain our high standards while fostering a fun and engaging atmosphere. The site was an important first step in achieving my overall goal and has already proved to be successful in its base mission (though it still has a lot of work to do).
This brings up an important problem though, the high standards that we try our best to maintain also apply to our advertisers. We have experimented with a lot of advertisement angles and try our best to keep the ads relevant to our site and its user base as best as possible. Unfortunately, this has proved to be rather difficult. Finding legit advertisement in this scene is hard, and the only way for us to open up more options would be for us to “self-censor” our content.
Which defeats the fucking purpose in the first place.
So, how did this become a thing?
With some motivation from others, I was convinced to tackle game development. Considering my situation, I felt that this would be a monumental task and that maybe it was the wrong time to attempt it, but my doubts were put to rest by some good friends I have managed to gain over the years and I managed to patch together a team!
My main writing staff has remained faithful to the site even at its lowest points, believing greatly in what we are trying to accomplish. I’d like to offer more to old and new writers that qualify to be part of the team. In order to accomplish this, I’m making games and revenue through others means that bring this closer to reality. All of my guys would love to do nothing but write for LewdGamer, but current financial hardships make that impossible.
Enter Critical Bliss, my game development subsidiary. We gave ourselves a strict timeline to adhere to for our first project, which has been in development since November. I felt that if I was going to enter this area of business, the best way to do so is the only way I know how…
And that is to come out swinging!
Aiming for highest quality I can muster in such a short amount of time, I hope to make a statement in the industry and even further inspire others to try their best at what they do.
Things have gone rather well so far even with some bumps, as I’m learning to lead a whole new type of medium, but there has been plenty of internal discussion about you guys. The game’s development team is completely separate from the writing staff here, but even then, the LG Staff is always worried about how you guys might feel about all this.
I know full well that I’m taking risking some credibility here, but for the sake of my site and its future, I felt that this was a reasonable thing for me to do.
It all comes down to this: Are you guys okay with me (and only me) keeping you updated about this project on and after the reveal on LewdGamer? If the majority opinion is that it’s a bad idea, then I completely understand. To be honest, I’m quite confident that the project can shine on its own merits.
Maintaining our trust with you guys is important to us. I hope being open about this with all of you is enough. Thanks for all the support and we hope you continue to join us in this little journey that this site, Critical Bliss, and the LewdMedia brand can bring to you guys moving forward!
THE TL;DR AND OTHER POINTS
– This post was made to inform the public that I’ll be entering (or more accurately, have already entered) the realm of game development.
– I’m making games because adult advertisement sucks balls and we refuse to put cancerous bullshit on our site that will annoy both you and us. Who actually likes the spyware and malware that is littered throughout those shitty ad systems? The only way for me to fix this problem is to “self-censor” the content and make it “Normie Friendly,” which defeats the intention of the site in the first place.
– Instead of complaining about advertisement woes, I decided to personally do something about it directly.
– LG will not be writing any reviews, previews, or LewdLooks on any of the games made under my game subsidiary, Critical Bliss.
– We are currently asking you, our dedicated audience, your genuine feelings about this. We wonder if you are okay with the idea of me keeping you guys updated about Critical Bliss titles on the site. This will, of course, come with full disclosure and clear separation from our regular news as I’ll be the only one writing about it.
– I’ll still be overseeing the site and making sure that it follows protocol and standards, but as another option, I can write only about my games and nothing else. All posts you see from me will be entirely focused on the work I’m doing with Critical Bliss.
– Critical Bliss is a subsidiary of “LewdMedia” and will follow the same standards of trying our best to deliver high-quality content in a timely and believable manner. A lot of the same ideas I hold here will apply to anything that I make.
– If you guys are cool with all this, I’ll make sure to tell you guys all about W!??MNAD!!? in the very near future!
Basically, that’s it for now, folks! Tell me what you think below!