To celebrate the summer season, Konami is adding both male and female swimwear uniforms to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
Now, Metal Gear Solid V may be a lot of things, but it’s not the first thing you think of when you think “lewd”, right? And yet the new costumes are surprisingly skimpy, with tiny two-piece bikinis for your female staff and one-piece speedos for your male staff. From the official website:
Show off those beach bods! Swimwear uniforms now available for FOB staff
Perfect for summer FOB fun! Your FOB staff can now wear new uniforms – swimwear. In addition to your security guards, you yourself can also dress down when infiltrating enemy FOBs. Look forward to a variety of designs as future Event FOB rewards. Find a stylish look that suits you, and show any and all trespassers there’s no lifeguard at this party!
- Swimwear designs are online development items. Develop them by going to [DEVELOPMENT] after obtaining them as an Event Points reward.
- To have FOB security guards wear swimwear, go to [SECURITY SETTINGS] -> [ADVANCED SETTINGS] and set the use of special gear (swimwear).
- Your soldiers can also wear swimwear when invading an enemy FOB, but neither Snake nor your avatar soldier can wear it.
- To view staff in swimwear, after equipping it, go to [FOB MISSION] -> [TRAINING/VISIT DESTINATION] and select your FOB, then proceed to training or visit.
- Mother Base staff in METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN (the main game) cannot wear swimwear.
Check out some screenshots below:
Sadly, it seems that these new swimwear costumes are more or less restricted to Metal Gear Solid V’s online components, such as FOB invasions, and you won’t be able to use them in the main storyline of Metal Gear Solid V. So much for putting Quiet into even skimpier clothing. Still, perhaps this heralds the arrival of more great-looking DLC? Only time will tell.
If you enjoy our content and would like to support us, please consider donating to our Patreon.