Degica, the creative team behind the widely used RPG Maker, will be releasing a new engine this Fall. Visual Novel Maker promises to provide a revolutionary new system for creating your very own VNs.
A lot of the games we write about are made with the ever-popular RPGMaker engine. While it’s not the most advanced or capable engine, its ease of use makes it stand out. Adult content creators, in particular, have found a friend in RPG Maker, and for some of them, it’s been the key to their success.
It’s only natural that Degica, the developers behind RPG Maker, would extend another hand to the adult community.
Visual Novel Maker is Degica’s next big release, due to hit PCs this fall. A rather self-explanatory title, VN Maker will allow anyone from any skill level to make fully-fledged visual novels. Aimed primarily at aspiring artists and budding authors, Visual Novel Maker promises to provide a revolutionary new tool to bring your stories to life.
What can you expect from Visual Novel Maker? Based on the KorteX RPG Studio, and from experience with RPG Maker, creators will likely find a user-friendly system here. Everything can be managed through a simple point-and-click interface, and the developer states that everything will be fully under your control.
We’ll have to wait until Fall of this year to see if Degica comes through on their promises, but for now, you can check out all the new features below. VN Maker will be available on Steam sometime later this year, and you can find the press release for the title here.
- BEAUTIFUL FREE TO USE ASSETS: Visual Novel Maker contains beautifully crafted resources named Standard Asset Resources (StARs) to help you start with your game. This includes characters, backgrounds, music and sound effects free to use when you buy the program!
- DYNAMIC CREATION TOOLS AIMED FOR ARTISTS AND WRITERS: Visual Novel Maker is designed to be as flexible as possible while still being user friendly. Virtually everything in the engine is managed through a simple point-and-click or drag-and-drop interface. It features powerful features to manipulate graphics and video to support the creative minds using it.
- LIVE2D AND VOICE SYNC SUPPORT: Visual Novel Maker features Live2D support to bring life to 2D characters. This also includes support for voice sync between text, voice clips and the Live2D models. The volume of the clip is also reflected visually bringing a new level of immersion!
- SCRIPTING AND EXTENSIONS OF USER-INTEGRATED FUNCTIONALITY: Visual Novel Maker features Scripting, the ability to add new mechanics or functions in-game, and Extensions, the ability to modify the editor to add your own commands, to give users full control!
- MULTIPLE RESOLUTION SUPPORT: Visual Novel Maker allows you to make games up to 1080p with 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 ratio. You can also set a custom resolution!
- EASY GAME LOCALIZATION SUPPORT: Visual Novel Maker streamlines the localization process by having all text display on its own tab and/or can be exported to .CSV format. But that’s not all, Visual Novel Maker detects if images have to be changed based on the user language with a simple suffix added at the end of the filename. (e.x. filename_de)
- SHARE YOUR GAME WITH MULTIPLE EXPORTING OPTIONS: Want to share your creation with the world? You can export your creation to various platforms such as Windows and MacOSX!
If you enjoy our content and would like to support us, please consider donating to our Patreon.